Hoedspruit is in the centre of Big 5 area, with Kruger National Park Orpen’s a mere 40 min. travel away. Wildlife activities in the Hoedspruit area are the Hoedspruit Cheetah Breeding Project – Mholoholo Rehabilitation Center at Kampersrus - Swadini Snake Park – Hot air ballooning – Scenic routes: Panorama route is easily accessible with sights such as the Three Rondavels, Blyde River Canyon, Bourke’s Luck Potholes, God’s Window, World’s view, The Pinnacle, Lisbon Falls, Berlin Falls and the Graskop Gorge all within one and a half hour’s drive time from the Estate.
– The Klaserie Dam where fishing and boating can be undertaken, is a mere 35km from Hoedspruit Wildlife Estate.
– On the Blydepoort Dam game viewing excursions can be undertaken through registered Tour Operators.
– For the more adventurous, white river rafting can be undertaken on the Blyde River, in the Canyon or in the Olifants Gorge next to the Abel Erasmus Pass.
– A scenic game viewing and sundowner’s boat cruise can be undertaken on the Olifants River close to Phalaborwa.
Take highway towards Witbank/Middelburg, continue on the N4 direction Nelspruit, and take the Belfast off-ramp, then go past Dullstroom, Lydenburg and Ohrigstad until you get to Hoedspruit. Go through the town until you go over the railway bridge, then turn right at the 4 way stop, then first left, past Pick ‘n Pay centre into the estate.
– Hiking boots a necessity.
– Pack swimming towels [this is not supplied].
– Hot and cold weather can be expected at any given time.
– Evenings may be chilly, even during the summer months.
– Malaria area [Limpopo Province as well as The Kruger Park]. Take precaution malaria medicine before/during/after your trip
– Sunscreen a must to protect against the harsh African sun.
Article Courtesy of Brenda Roodbol from Warthog Rest Private Lodge
Visit: Warthog Rest Private LodgeVideos by Integrated Marketing www.integrated-marketing.co.za